Job Title: Testing Technician
Location: Bennett / Beach
Hours: Monday – Friday / 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Reports to: Clinical Lead(s)
Salary: All inquiries are confidential.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Optometry experience recommended or medical office experience required
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively multitask
- Strong computer skills
- Superior communication skills both oral and written
- Must present a professional image
- Physical requirements include the ability to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs., kneeling, standing for a long period of time, and sitting for a long period of time
The Testing Technician is responsible greeting the patients in a prompt and courteous manner while maintaining a professional appearance and conduct at all times. Demonstrates the ability to work with geriatric patients and patients of all ages. Performs a variety of patient care activities to assist physician(s) and medical office personnel. Adhere to Atlantic Eye Institute policies and practices but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance.
- Review’s patients chart prior to exam to anticipate proper pretesting for the patient’s exam using the EMR system
- Starts the visit in the EMR system according to the established guidelines and protocols. Enter the type of visual field exam to perform under the correct diagnosis in the EMR system.
- Performs visual field testing and scans the results into the EMR system after finishing the test for the physician to review in accordance with the established guidelines and protocols.
- Performs OCT, Lenstar, pachymetry, Optos, and corneal topography in accordance with the established guidelines and protocols. Scan or upload the results into the EMR system for the physician(s) to review.
- Clean and stock rooms as needed.
- Demonstrates compliance with all provisions of safety rules and other policies and procedures. Yearly OSHA/Biohazard training.
- Employee maintains patient confidentiality HIPPA guidelines.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested and enhances professional growth and development through, education programs, seminars, and conferences.