Job Title: Patient Services Representative
Hours: Monday – Friday / 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Rotating Saturdays 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Reports to: Patient Services Supervisor
Salary: Completive salary and benefit package provided. All inquiries are confidential.
Benefits: Health/Dental/Life/401k/Paid vacation/sick time
- Previous experience in health care setting, preferably Ophthalmology/Optometry
- Experience with insurance verification and eligibility, copays, deductibles
- Customer Service
- Excellent customer service skills, empathetic, caring personality
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while sitting for long periods of time
- Strong computer skills, Electronic Health Records, Availity, etc.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Flexibility and ability to adapt easily, pay attention to minute details
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and time management
- Active listening skills applied at all times
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes.
- Build sustainable relationships and engage customers by going the extra mile
- Work well under pressure with the ability to complete assignments
- Display a positive attitude
- Knowledge of Medicare, Commercial plans, Worker’s Comp, Vision Plans, Verification and Eligibility
- Physical Demands: Frequent sitting, writing, typing and speaking, frequent use of phones. Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 25 lbs.
Professionally and courteously greet and assist patients and visitors in person or on the phone to provide an excellent service experience. Answer phones, make appointments, check-in patients, obtain necessary demographic/insurance information, respond to inquiries, provide practice information and perform general office duties.
- Greet and assist all patients and visitors when then enter the office
- Answer multi-line phones professionally utilizing appropriate greeting, make appointments, answer inquiries, take concise messages, send internal tasks as necessary in EMR
- Triage emergency calls and route incoming calls to various departments
- Follow communication “scripts” when handling different topics
- Collect all patient demographic, insurance and referral information
- Obtain all signed Patient information forms, HIPAA policy, financial policy forms
- Collect ID’s and insurance cards, scan and link documents via EMR
- Confirm accuracy of existing information, update on at least an annual basis
- Collect cash, credit card and check payments co-pays, and balances
- Ensure that all privacy (HIPAA) rules and regulations are followed in lobby area
- Maintain lobby area
- May rotate as Patients Services Rep in Call Center