Job Title: Patient Services Representative
Location: Bennett / Beach
Hours: Monday-Friday/ 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Reports to: Patient Services Supervisor
Salary: Competitive salary and benefit package provided. All inquires are confidential.
- Strong computer skills to include Availity or other insurance benefit programs
- Friendly personality with excellent communication skills when welcoming patients
- Anticipate patient needs, and exceed those by assisting whenever needed
- Understands insurance co-pays, deductibles, HMO referrals, vision plans a plus
- Answer phones, make appointments
- Work with incoming referrals from physicians, schedule patients
- Collect co-pays, balance daily work
- Experience with electronic health record system, Microsoft Office
- Be able to build positive relationships with the team as well as our patients
- May rotate as Patients Services Rep in Call Center
The Patient Services Receptionist will have administrative duties involved with coordinating patient and physician schedules, strong understanding of insurance plans and restrictions, file management and office organization. We’re looking for a professional who believes that patients should be treated as people rather than numbers in a file, and who understands the value of compassionate service. The job includes significant amounts of multi-tasking, but the ideal candidate will know when to slow down, look patients in the eye and provide personalized service.
- To greet and assist all patients initially as they enter the clinic.
- Collect all patient information as they enter the clinic
- Check in patients, copy ID’s and insurance cards.
- Ensure all information is accurate for posting.
- Review encounters for accuracy
- Help guide patients to waiting room.
- Confirm accuracy and update patient demographics in the computer
- Copy all supporting documents needed for insurance billing and verification of patient demographic information.
- Collect co-pay money when applicable or past due balances.
- Ensure that all HIPAA rules and regulations are in compliance and followed in the front patient waiting area.
- Answering phone calls and directing the phone traffic.
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.